Gail Jackson, M.D. – Santa Monica Bioidentical Doctor
Santa Monica Bioidentical Doctor Gail Jackson M.D. has over thirty years of experience in specializing in obstetrics and gynecology, and for the last ten years, she has focused on providing Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to women in Santa Monica suffering from hormonal imbalances.
Bioidentical Hormones are made from soy or yam products, and they are formulated to be identical to human hormones, such as estradiol and testosterone.
There identical nature allows them to be easily accepted and metabolized in the body, and women can reap the benefits of hormone replacement without unwanted side effects.
While hormones can decline at any point during a woman’s life, they most typically decline with aging, and the majority of women experience hormone decline during their late thirties to early forties.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help women that are going through perimenopause or menopause or that have experienced a hysterectomy to replenish deficient hormones. This therapy is a natural relief from depression, thinning bones, sagging breasts, wrinkling skin, anxiety, hot flashes, weight loss resistance, low libido, and night sweats.
Replacing hormones can also help to improve numerous other conditions that are associated with falling hormone levels for patients in Santa Monica.
Conditions Dr. Jackson uses Bioidentical Hormones to treat include:
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may prevent the formation of uterine fibroids or improve existing fibroid conditions. When women experience stress or hormone decline during perimenopause or menopause, both of the primary female sex hormones estrogen and progesterone can become imbalanced and higher levels of estrogen can lead to the development of estrogen dominance. Because estrogen promotes tissue growth, fibroids can occur. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can prevent this from occurring by balancing both estrogen and progesterone levels.
- Vaginal Dryness
- Many women experience vaginal dryness as a result of hormone decline; however, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can replenish deficient sex hormones to improve vaginal lubrication. Bioidentical hormones can improve estrogen and progesterone levels, which work to increase sex drive, ability to climax, and vaginal secretions.
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Several women going through their reproductive years suffer from PMS symptoms, which can include moodiness, water retention, bloating, acne, fatigue, sweet and salty cravings, and cramping, and many of these symptoms are the result of hormone imbalances. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy can help women to balance their hormones and reduce their PMS symptoms. Women can have easier periods with reduced cramping, fatigue, bloating, cravings, and skin breakouts.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome can cause women to form fluid like sacs around their ovaries, which are known as cysts. This syndrome is usually the result of a woman producing too many androgens, which are male hormones. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy may help to balance a woman’s hormones and reduce other symptoms of PCOS, which may include weight gain, body and facial hair growth, depression, and anovulation. Women with PCOS also suffer from irregular periods, amenorrhea, and infertility, but Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help women to regulate their menstrual cycle and improve their chances of conceiving and overall fertility.
- Hormone decline in women usually begins around the age of 35, and this initial phase of hormone decline is known as perimenopause. During this phase, estrogen and progesterone begin to decline, and women can experience symptoms that include fatigue, depression, acne, weight gain, mental fogginess, low libido, and irregular periods. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help women to slow down the process of hormone decline by replacing deficient hormones. It can help women to regulate their periods, have more energy, improve mental cognition, lose weight, and increase their sex drive.
- Starting in a woman’s late 40’s or 50’s, women usually enter into menopause, which officially begins after a woman has not had a menstrual period for twelve consecutive months. Menopause occurs because the body can no longer produce healthy amounts of estrogen and progesterone to fuel reproduction and promote youthfulness, and for this reason, many women suffer from low libido, vaginal dryness, hot flashes, night sweats, insomnia, mood changes, wrinkling skin, and weight gain. However, Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help women to replenish these hormones in order to stay healthy and reverse the signs of aging. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help women to regulate body temperature, improve sleep, increase libido, strengthen bones, lose weight, improve mental cognition, balance moods, and increase skin elasticity.
- Painful periods are a common complaint amongst women during the reproductive years. Many women suffer from cramping before and during their menstrual periods. One of the reasons for cramping may be attributed to hormonal imbalances constricting blood vessels and adversely affecting blood flow. Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help women to have healthy amounts of hormones, which can improve blood flow and prevent or reduce menstrual period cramping and pain.
Many of the conditions associated with hormone decline can be improved with Doctor Gail Jackson’s expert Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy plans. She specializes in using pellets to help her patients balance their hormones. The pellets are inserted underneath the skin in the upper hip area, and they are customized and convenient. Pellets can help women to achieve perfect hormonal balance because they are time released over a six-month period, and then, they completely dissolve.
Rid yourself of the need for daily dosing… Instead of taking pills and applying creams daily, we are able to offer you less hormones for maximum results as the pellets slowly release under your skin over four to six months. You will achieve predictable extraordinary results within days.
Schedule your Initial Online Consultation Today!
Dr. Gail Jackson has helped numerous women in Santa Monica and throughout Los Angeles to recover from the effects of hormonal decline, and her patients have been able to feel and look healthier after replenishing their hormone levels. A combination of the doctor’s expert treatment plans and her experience has allowed women to overcome the effects of age related hormonal transitions and increase their overall quality of life.